#12 Ten Fun Things for Empty Nesters to Try this Summer
Looking for some new things to try this summer with your spouse or some friends? Here are some fun things that you might want to try:
- Each of you purchase a restaurant gift card for the other person(s). The catch is that the cards HAVE to be for a place that neither of you have ever eaten. Then make time to try the new restaurants.
- Pack a picnic lunch and head to the park or nearest lake. Enjoy a couple of hours away from the office.
- Go someplace where you would normally take children, but go by yourselves. The zoo, the playground, the amusement park, the aquarium. See it from a new viewpoint!
- Game night – pull out some old favorites and play board games. No television allowed.
- Put together a new playlist or “radio station” together. Mix and match your favorite artists.
- Dust off your bicycles and head to a trail; enjoy the combination of exercise and fresh air.
- Do a “paint night” or take a dance class.
- Binge watch a series that you’ve never seen.
- Serve in a soup kitchen or local food pantry together.
- Choose one common goal that you could complete together by the end of summer. Run a 5K? Dance the foxtrot? Learn to make sushi? The sky’s the limit!